Here at Cliftontville, our facial aesthetics treatments include lip fillers, which are quick, affordable and non-invasive, giving you a more defined and youthful-looking smile.
The substance used is natural and found in the body as well as in a whole host of other organisms. The substance gives your skin it’s elasticity and volume. Here at Cliftonville we use hyaluronic acid which is a natural substance absorbed by the body.
What can lip fillers do for me?
Lip fillers can target several different areas:
- In treating the lip outline (vermillion border), definition and width are enhanced and improved.
- Fleshy areas (upper and lower lips) can be enhanced to give a fuller-looking pout.
- Additional definition by treating the Cupid’s bow.
- The oral commissures (the parallel lines that pass down each side of the mouth) express fatigue and unhappiness – these can be reduced.
- Marionette lines (running down from the corner of the mouth also known as ‘puppet lines’) can be reduced.
- Philtrum ridges (running from upper lip to the towards the nose) can be treated
- Perioral lines (thin vertical lines on your top lip) can be reduced. Generally, these lines surface more prominently for smokers.
What is involved during the procedure?
We will apply an anaesthetic cream to numb your lips as they are a sensitive area. Cliftonville use Emervel and Juverderm which are Hyaluronic acid products that come with anaesthetic products which are included for the purpose of minimising discomfort during the procedure.
Hydraulic acid, also used in dermal fillers, is a natural substance that is found in your body; it gives skin elasticity and volume by drawing water to the skin. As you gradually move your mouth for talking, eating and facial expressions, the lip filler injections are absorbed by your body overtime and the Hyaluronic acid is dispersed – this is why lip fillers are sometimes referred to as ‘temporary lip fillers’, as they are gradually broken down.
The benefits of lip fillers
- Lip fillers are suitable for any skin type and there is no need for a skin test beforehand.
- Immediate and visible results.
- Results typically last for 6 months.
- A naturally based substance is used.
If you would like to know more about facial aesthetics and lip fillers at Cliftonville, please do not hesitate to contact us and we can arrange a consultation for you.