The clue is in the name here – Six Month Smiles treatment is a short-term orthodontic treatment that straightens your teeth in 6 months.
What kind of problems can Six Month Smiles tackle?
- Crowding – this means that teeth are too close together.
- Spacing – unwanted gaps between teeth.
- Overbite – teeth that are overlapping.
- Overjet – front teeth protruding.
- Cross bite – teeth that bite on the wrong side from one another.
- Misplaced midline – centres lines of the upper and lower teeth do not line up correctly.
What are the benefits of six month smiles?
- Discreet method of straightening teeth as the brackets and wires are tooth-coloured.
- Short-term treatment.
- Cost-effective solution – generally less expensive than other brace methods that take much longer.
- Minimal discomfort – Six Month Smiles uses the efficacy of traditional brace methods but with added emphasis on the cosmetic side of things. The technique used is to apply gentle pressure to the teeth, causing next to no discomfort.
- Six Month Smiles allows you to improve the appearance of your teeth without dramatically impacting upon your bite alignment.
- Visible early results – Six Month Smiles yields quick results that can be noticed from the very start – a good confidence and positivity booster.
What does the procedure involve?
You will be asked to attend an initial consultation so that you needs and desires can be addressed – you will also be able to ask any questions you might have – our team here at Cliftonville are great listeners.
Once a bespoke treatment plan has been drawn up, treatment can begin. This involves taking impressions of your teeth so that you braces and hardware can be an exact fit for your teeth. Once these have been sent off to the dental lab, you braces can be made up, sent back to us and fitted at a future appointment. Once your braces are fitted, you are ready to begin treatment.
You will need to visit us regularly throughout the 6 month period, so that we can keep a close eye on your progress and address any problems.
If you would like more information about six month smiles treatment at Cliftonville, please do not hesitate to contact us and we can arrange a consultation for you.