Our team at Cliftonville know that sometimes patients require treatment as urgently as possible and we reserve time for registered and unregistered emergencies every working day (Monday-Saturday).
You should not feel the need to struggle on in pain should you suffer the loss of a filling or a broken denture.
What to do if:
- You have toothache – You should not attempt to wait and prolong the pain in a view to it going away. Go to our contact page and give us a cool as soon as possible so we can prevent any serious problems developing.
- You have lost a crown – You should keep the crown safe and give us a call immediately. The quicker we see you the more chance there is of re-cementing it successfully.
- You loose a tooth – if you have lost a tooth as a result of an accident, try to move the tooth back to its original position however, do not try to force this. Once you have achieved this, hold the tooth in position with a damp piece of tissue until you are able to see your dentist.
- You’ve knocked a tooth out – Find the tooth and give it a rinse in water. Note – try not to touch the root. If at all possible, place the tooth back in its socket within 30 minutes of the incident. If this is not possible, place the tooth in a glass of cold milk as this will keep it in good condition until Cliftonville can deal with your emergency.
- You’ve broken your teeth – If you suffer a broken tooth, avoid very hot or very cold drinks as these can make the area very sensitive. Call us immediately if you have a broken tooth.
- If you have a swelling – Caused by an infection or on occasion, an abscess. Sometimes, problems with a tooth can be the cause – both can be treated.
- Your filling has fallen out – Give us a call and we can arrange an appointment for you asap and offer a temporary repair to prevent further problems.
- Broken a denture – Never try to fix these yourself! Call us here at Cliftonville and we can advise you according to your emergency.
Please note that calling first thing in the morning will increase your chances of obtaining a prompt appointment. If you would like to arrange a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us.