Do you have crowded or misaligned teeth? As well as altering your smile, these orthodontic complications can affect your dental health and hygiene in the long-term. Orthodontic treatment is a worthwhile and life-changing investment. Take a look at the brace options offered by us here at Cliftonville in Northampton….
The Inman aligner is a removable appliance that uses gentle pressure to align crowded or protruding front teeth, using 2 opposing spring loaded aligner bars. Pressure is continuously applied over a period of time and slowly guides your teeth into a desired position.
Benefits of Inman aligner:
- As they are removable, they are easier to clean. You can undergo treatment without jeopardising your dental hygiene.
- Average treatment time of 6-16 weeks.
- Treatment can be combined with other cosmetic treatments such as veneers or teeth whitening as part of a smile makeover.
Benefits of Invisalign aligners
- Minimally-invasive as they are removable, so it’s easy to maintain your dental hygiene as you do not need to worry about cleaning in-between the nooks and crannies of your brace which can be incredibly challenging!
- No need to amend your diet – another advantage to the aligners being removable – your diet does not interfere with your treatment as you do not eat with them on.
- A favourite with celebrities (Justin Bieber, Tom Cruise and Kathy Bates have all sung the praises of Invisalign)!
Six Month Smiles
Like the Inman aligner, Six Month Smiles, has recourse to low force, moving teeth gently and comfortably. Six Month Smiles has recourse to the quality of treatment offered by traditional metal brace designs but combines this with an amazing discreet aesthetic. As the brackets are clear and the wires are tooth-coloured, they blend in with your teeth.
Benefits of Six Month Smiles
- Short treatment time – average treatment period of 6 weeks.
- Discreet braces – you need not feel self-conscious about your appearance changing as their design is designed to go unnoticed by others (Brackets have a clear finish and wires are tooth-coloured).
- Fat-acting brace – you will see results quickly, making you feel motivated about treatment.
- Fixed brace-type – no need to worry about keeping track of when to remove your brace as they stay fixed throughout the treatment period.
You will need to wear a retainer after undergoing braces treatment. This is a vital part of treatment and ensures that your teeth do not resume their original position post-treatment.
If you would like more information about orthodontic treatment at Cliftonville, please do not hesitate to contact us.