Here at Cliftonville we offer a selection of orthodontic treatment methods to suit your needs. Whether you’re looking for short-term or comprehensive treatment, our team will be able to identify the best way forward for you on the path to a new smile. Read on to find out about each type of appliance and their benefits and properties.
The Inman aligner is a removable appliance that uses gentle pressure to align crowded or protruding front teeth, using 2 opposing spring loaded aligner bars. Pressure is continuously applied over a period of time and slowly guides your teeth into a desired position.
Benefits of Inman aligner:
- As they are removable, they are easier to clean. You can undergo treatment with minimal disturbance to your normal dental hygiene routine.
- Fast treatment – Average treatment time of 6-16 weeks.
- Treatment can be combined with other cosmetic treatments such as veneers or teeth whitening as part of a smile makeover.
Invisalign is a set of removable transparent aligners that are designed to be minimally-invasive to your daily routine, as they do not require you to make amends to your diet and make it easy to clean and floss your teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign aligners
- Removable and therefore easy to maintain your dental hygiene.
- You can continue eating the foods you love – another advantage of the appliance being removable.
- Cosmetically appealing – the aligners are clear-coloured and are classed as an ‘invisible’ type of appliance, making them minimally (cosmetically) invasive.
Six Month Smiles
Like the Inman aligner, Six Month Smiles, has recourse to low force movement, guiding teeth gently and comfortably into a desired position. Six Month Smiles draws upon traditional metal orthodontic techniques to straighten teeth with a particular emphasis on aesthetics where design is concerned.
Benefits of Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles makes use of effective orthodontic techniques:
- Average treatment period of 6 weeks
- Discreet braces – you need not feel self-conscious about your appearance changing because of the their discreet design: the brackets have a clear finish and wires are tooth-coloured.
- Advanced orthodontic methods combined with aesthetically sound design.
You will need to wear a retainer after undergoing braces treatment. This is a vital part of treatment and ensures that your teeth do not resume their original position post-treatment. Your orthodontist here at Cliftonville will outline the details surrounding this part of treatment, in addition to the brace-wearing period.
If you would like more information about orthodontic treatment at Clintonville, please do not hesitate to contact us.