What is CEREC technology?
CEREC is a state-of-the-art computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technique that has transformed the nature of restorative dentistry. CEREC technology is available at Cliftonville.
CEREC is an advanced but effective and proven process that enables dentists to produce, design and place individual ceramic restorations in a single appointment. CEREC rules out the need to have several appointments and also eliminates waiting for lab work in between appointments, saving you valuable time.
How does CEREC work?
You will need to attend a single appointment, where your dentist will carry out and control the entire process of restoring a damaged tooth. Firstly, digital impressions of your teeth will need to be taken followed by computer-based construction of your restoration and finally the milling process.
- Once your tooth has been prepared, your dentist here at Cliftonville will use an intraoral camera to take an image of the tooth in question and the area surrounding it.
- Your dentist will then use these images to custom-create a detailed model of the restoration. This model (or image) is wirelessly sent to a milling machine, responsible for creating the restoration out of colour-matched ceramic material. This takes as little as 10-15 minutes.
- The finishing touches will be added to your restoration and it is ready to go – all in one visit!
Quick-fire advantages of CEREC:
- Saves time – no need to book multiple appointments.
- Digital impressions faster and more comfortable than manually taking impressions.
- CEREC restorations have a success rate of 95.5% following a period of 9 years.
- Accurate fit – there is generally less follow-up work required than with traditional restorative dentistry.
- Ceramic restorations offer natural and authentic-looking appearance.
If you would like to know more about CEREC, technology, please do not hesitate to contact us and we can arrange an appointment with you.