Ageing is inevitable and causes everyone’s facial features to change and lose their definition. Lips are a particular feature that lose their shape and become thinner and looser with age and due to certain lifestyle choices.
What are lip fillers for?
Lip fillers are designed to rejuvenate your smile by making your lips appear plumper and healthier. Lip fillers, and indeed dermal fillers and Botox have become very popular treatments over the last 20 years. Lip fillers are temporary and your body will eventually absorb the injected substance due to the repetitive movement of facial muscles when eating and speaking.
Lip fillers can benefit you if:
- Your appearance has changed through ageing.
- You have acquired age lines as a result of smoking or drinking alcohol chronically.
- You have increased ageing lines as a result of excessive sun exposure.
Which part of your lips can be treated?
- Lip outline (also known as vermillion border). Targeting the definition and width of your lips.
- Fleshy areas of the upper and lower lips can be enlarged, giving increased volume and a more youthful-looking pout.
- Additional definition to the Cupid’s Bow.
- Lines that run down either side of your mouth (oral commissures). These lines are most associated with fatigue and sadness.
- Marionette lines – lines that point downwards from the corners of your lips.
- Pliltrum ridges – lines going from the upper lip towards the nose.
- Perioral lines – vertical lines found on the upper lip which are exacerbated through smoking.
You will be asked to attend an initial consultation where you we will be able to talk through the results you are hoping for. Your dentist here at Cliftonville may suggest you also undergo tooth-whitening or other anti-wrinkle treatments alongside lip fillers to maximise the efficacy of the procedure – combining treatments is popular amongst patients.
Your dentist will apply a topical local anaesthetic cream 30 minutes before the procedure is to be carried out, so that the area is numb. Our dentists use Emervel® and Juverderm®, two world renowned products used for this procedure, both will an excellent reputation amongst professionals. These products also have your comfort in mind, as they are designed for smooth integration into the sensitive lip tissue and contain hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the human body which is responsible for the volume and elasticity in your skin.
If you would like to arrange a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us.