Do you have a cracked, chipped, discoloured, widely spaced or damaged tooth? Dental veneers are a highly aesthetic solution with very little preparation involved. Let’s take a look at the details surrounding dental veneers treatment….
What is involved with dental veneers?
- Consultation – We will invite you to attend an initial consultation so that you can talk through your expectations of treatment with your dentist here at Cliftonville. During this time your dentist will also run you through the benefits of veneers and ascertain whether this is the right course of treatment for you.
- Preparation – There is little preparation involved with treatment for veneers. Your dentist will etch the tooth being treated, removing around half a millimetre of tooth enamel, equivalent to the thickness of your new veneer – removing a part of the tooth enamel ensures that your veneer does not protrude out beyond your existing teeth. Following this, your dentist will create a digital model of your tooth which will be sent to our on-site milling machine. Your new veneer will be created in a single appointment.
- Creation and final touches – Once the milling machine has created your veneer, your dentist will temporarily place it on your tooth to study its colour, fit and shape. Any minor changes will be made and your veneer will be permanently fixed.
When we prepare, design and fit your veneer, we take your existing tooth structure into account, as well as your features, such as eye and skin colour. You and your dentist will decide on a shade for your veneer beforehand, so that it is in-keeping with your smile and features.
Further advantages of veneers:
- Veneers offer a natural and authentic appearance.
- Porcelain is well tolerated by your natural gum tissue.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant.
- Cost-effective solution to restoring a damaged tooth.
Many patients choose to combine veneers treatment with tooth whitening to transform their smile. We can also offer smile makeovers (more than one cosmetic dental procedure to change the aesthetics of your smile) which also include facial aesthetics treatment. Please ask your dentist here at Cliftonville about this.
If you would like more information about cosmetic dental treatment at Cliftonville, please do not hesitate to contact us.