Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance present in the body – when you are young, your body’s supply of hyaluronic acid is high and this is what is responsible for the volume in your skin and areas of your face (lips being an example of this). Lip fillers replenish your supply of hyaluronic acid, increasing the volume in your lips as well as shaping them, giving them a more youthful-looking appearance overall.The areas of the lips that can be enhanced
- Vermillion border/lip outline – this can be treated to improve lip definition and width.
- Fleshy parts of the upper and lower lips can be augmented for volume and a fuller, rounder pout.
- Definition can be added to the Cupid’s Bow.
- The lines that are either side of the mouth, also known as oral commissures can be reduced.
- Marionette lines – also known as puppet lines and running down from the corner of the lips.
- Philtrum ridges – the ridge that goes from the upper lip towards the nose – this can be given added definition.
- Perioral lines – fine vertical lines on the upper lip – these are particularly common in smokers.
FAQs – lip fillers
Is it painful?
Your dentist here at Cliftonville will apply a local anaesthetic cream, to ensure the lips are numbed to the discomfort of the injection.
Are result instant and how long do they last?
Your lips may be a bit swollen from treatment though this will subside within 2 days and you will see the full effects of treatment. Follow-up touch-up treatments 2-4 weeks after the initial session will improve the longevity of treatment.
Are lip fillers suitable for everyone?
Lip fillers are not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women as hyaluronic acid has not been tested for safety in pregnancy or nursing.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid fillers
- Control over lip volume – the amount of hyaluronic acid being administered can be very carefully controlled by your practitioner here at Cliftonville, giving very precise and predictable results that are in-line with the patient’s exact desires.
- Bumps disappear easily – there may be lumps and bumps created due to the movement of the lips can easily be dissolved.
- Less bruising and swelling than with other filler types.
- Long-lasting results that are prolonged through subsequent treatments.
If you would like more information about lip fillers and facial aesthetics treatment at Cliftonville, please do not hesitate to contact us.