The CEREC system of creating crowns is arguably one of the biggest advancements in modern cosmetic dentistry to date. Cliftonville Dental are one of the few practices to have embraced this state-of-the-art technology and we’re very happy to be able to offer our patients the best treatment available. Here are a few reasons why one you go CEREC, there’s no going back….!
So why choose CEREC over the traditional way of creating a crown?
- No more gloopy impressions – the preparation stages of creating a dental restoration involves taking impressions of your teeth so that your dentist has a foundation from which to work from. The regular crowning process makes use of alginate impressions which are often labelled uncomfortable and time-consuming by patients. As CEREC uses digital impressions, there is no need for us to use the liquid-based impression material.
- You’ll have your crown after a single appointment – your crown will be prepared, made and fitted in a single appointment, cutting out the need for a replacement crown and eliminating the 2 week period where we would need to send your impressions off to the dental lab for your crown to be made up. You can sit comfortably in the waiting room and wait for your crown to be milled on-site.
- Durable and reliable restoration – CEREC crowns have a 91% survival rate after 7 years and can last a lifetime if correctly maintained.
- Can be maintained in the same way as a normal tooth – crowns are a fixed solution and can be cared for in exactly the same way as your natural teeth. Simply brush twice a day, floss regularly and visit us for a check-up at least once a year.
- Bespoke –your new restoration will be created with your eye, skin and existing tooth shade in mind – your friends may not even realise you have a new tooth!
If you would like more information about CEREC crowns at Cliftonville, please do not hesitate to contact us.