If you’re missing one or more teeth, make 2020 the year you restore your smile, improve your oral health, and regain your self-confidence. Read on to find out more about the options we offer here at Cliftonville Dental.
Dental implants are usually the preferred option for replacing one or more missing teeth because they look and feel just like the real thing. Comprised of two parts – a titanium root that is secured in your upper or lower jawbone, and a ceramic crown that is customised to match the rest of your teeth – a dental implant is a natural-looking permanent solution that restores tooth functionality to 100% and can last a lifetime when properly cared for.
Advantages of dental implants
- Fixed solution – A dental implant looks and feels just like a natural tooth, so you will have the confidence to eat and talk without fear of the implant moving or slipping. There are no dietary restrictions with implants, so crunchy fruits and vegetables that can prove problematic with dentures are back on the menu.
- Prevent bone loss – Implants replace the root of the tooth, stimulating the jawbone and preventing the type of bone loss that occurs if missing teeth aren’t replaced, causing a sunken, prematurely aged appearance.
- Preserve natural teeth – Teeth either side of the space can be left untouched with a dental implant, conserving as much natural tooth material as possible.
If you need to replace some or all of your teeth, then partial or full dentures are a removable, non-surgical option. At Cliftonville, we believe that careful measurement, construction, and fitting make an enormous difference to the performance of dentures and take great care in fitting dentures that look and function as close as possible to your original teeth. We also offer implant retained dentures, which are more secure and effective than traditional dentures.
Advantages of dentures
- Non-surgical – Dentures do not require any invasive surgical procedures.
- Affordable – Dentures are less expensive and easier to repair or replace than other tooth replacement options.
A bridge is a fixed solution that may suit you if you’re missing one or more teeth in the same area. Bridging a gap caused by a missing tooth with a natural-looking prosthetic, a dental bridge is a comfortable, long-lasting solution that will blend seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
Advantages of dental bridges
- Natural-looking – Once in place, a fixed dental bridge looks and feels just like your natural teeth and can be maintained in the same way (although you should take a little extra care over cleaning).
- Affordable – Dental bridges are cheaper than implants.
Our friendly and experienced dental team will be happy to discuss the best option for your individual needs during a consultation appointment. We are open 6 days a week, including evenings to suit your busy schedule. Book your appointment today.