Following guidance changes from our governing bodies, we will resume face-to-face appointments on Tuesday 9th June, 2020, when a phased opening of Cliftonville Dental will begin.
Over the coming days and weeks, we will be in contact with patients who are mid way through treatments and those that have had dental emergencies during the last 10 weeks. As we move forward, we will be returning to routine care.
Over the last few weeks we have been busy behind the scenes, preparing the practice for our return. The changes we have made are based on the very latest guidance from within the dental and medical professional bodies including from the Chief Dental Officer of England, the British Dental Association and the Royal College of Surgeons.
When you book an appointment or attend the practice, you will observe some procedures have changed, however one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your dental health and personal safety.
At this point in time, it is not known whether these procedures are temporary or whether they will become the ‘new normal’. We will continue to update our working protocols as guidance evolves.
BEFORE YOU ATTEND THE PRACTICE
- Our reception team will contact you the day before your appointment, asking you to complete your medical history details and asking specific questions related to COVID-19. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, have related symptoms or are self isolating (even if you are asymptomatic),we will respectfully request for you to delay booking any appointments with us for at least two weeks.
- Please be patient with us as we will need to ask the same questions again when you arrive at the practice.
- To reduce your time in the practice and interaction with non-clinical staff members, we would kindly ask that, where possible, payment for any treatment is made prior to your appointment. The reception team will request this when they telephone you. We do realise that early payment may be a little off-putting, but this reduces the need for unnecessary contact or use of pin entries on the card machine
- We will request that you brush your teeth and attend the toilet before you leave your home as the practice toilets will not be in use.
- We shall ask you to attend five minutes before your appointment time and not too early. Please attend alone unless you require a carer or the patient is a child.
- We will also ask that personal items such as bags and coats etc are kept in the car and not brought in to the practice. This is to reduce cross contamination. Any personal belongings brought into the practice will be stored in a box during your appointment.
- The appointment book has been restructured to ensure appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean fewer options for scheduling your appointments
- We shall have appointments specifically available for any of our patients in the high-risk group.To find out whether you are in a high risk group please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT