We’re living in a time where there are more skincare products available than ever before, and this can make it tricky (and even intimidating) to choose and commit to a brand. Those with very specific skin concerns will know how difficult it can be to find suitable creams and formulas that won’t exacerbate already-present issues. Such as blackheads, inflammation, acne and pigmentation and, for those without such conditions, skincare remains an area of the body that warrants daily attention and TLC.
Here at Cliftonville Dental, we offer the full range of ZO Skin Health products, a state-of-the-art and globally popular selection of medical-grade products.
The Origin Story of ZO Skin Health
Created by Dr Zein Obagi in 2007, ZO Skin Health encompasses medical-grade products designed for home use, which are carefully selected depending on the patient’s particular skin concerns. For over 35 years, Dr Obagi has been a visionary in advanced skincare solutions. His philosophy is grounded in the idea of creating healthy skin rather than treating damage and disease. The main issues that hand-picked ZO products treat include:
- Sun damage
- Wrinkles and sagging skin
ZO Skin Health: What Can it Treat?
As mentioned above, one of the most remarkable things about the ZO range is the diversity of issues it addresses. Here is a breakdown of the programs offered by ZO Skin Health:
- ZO Daily Skincare Program: this program is extremely versatile and suited to all skin types. If you’re new to the idea of skincare, this is a great place to start. The Daily Skincare Kit includes exfoliating cleaner and polish, complexion renewal pads, and daily power defence antioxidant serum.
- ZO Anti-Ageing Program: a more moderate treatment than the daily skin program, the ZO Anti-Ageing Program works to reduce the first signs of ageing. Using concentrated formulas and ingredients, ZO Anti-Ageing battles environmental factors that can lead to ageing and dull skin and help maintain tight and smooth skin. This kit includes exfoliating cleaner and polish, complexion renewal pads, daily power defence and growth factor serum.
- ZO Aggressive Anti-Ageing Program: as the name suggests, the aggressive anti-ageing program tackles deeper lines, wrinkles and pigmentation issues, with a high concentration of enzymes, functional hydrators and retinol, which is considered the holy grail of skincare. By strengthening the skin’s hydration levels, it retains better elasticity and can more effectively create collagen and elastin. This kit includes a hydrating cleanser, exfoliating polish, complexion renewal pads, daily power defence, radical night repair and renewal cream.
- ZO Skin Brightening System: the brightening system is effective for evening your skin tone by eliminating the appearance of freckles and brown flecks. This kit includes a Vitamin C-rich skin brightener designed to restore hydration, improve complexion and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. This kit contains a gentle cleanser, exfoliating polish, complexion renewal pads, daily power defence and most importantly, the Vitamin C-rich Brightalive Skin Brighter.
- ZO Acne Prevention + Treatment Program: again, the clue is in the name with this product from the ZO range. Treat inflamed and acne-prone skin with this prevention and treatment program, helping to control excess oil and sebum production, which is known to cause breakouts, clogged pores and blackheads. The Sulfur Masque that forms part of the kit is a natural and clay-based masque suitable for sensitive inflammation-prone skin. This kit includes exfoliating cleanser and polish, complexion renewal pads and sulfur masque.
- ZO Skin Normalising System: this final product kit focuses on minimising the appearance of redness and hydrates sensitive skin. At the centre of the Normalising System is Rozatrol, which reduces oils in the skin, thus reducing the possibility of inflammation. The Normalising System helps support your skin’s structure with mild exfoliation, helping to hold off signs of premature ageing. The kit includes gentle cleaner, exfoliating polish, oil control pads, daily power defence and Rozatrol.
In the Hands of Experienced Clinicians at Cliftonville Dental
We’re incredibly proud to have a team of experienced clinicians here at our Northampton dental practice. Our holistic approach to facial aesthetics and skincare has allowed us to treat and support hundreds of patients in the Northampton area. During your ZO Skin Health consultation, we will listen to your unique skin concerns and analyse your skin’s anatomy, so we can select the best products to suit your needs. We will closely monitor how your skin responds to treatment with ZO products and may suggest some of the prescription ZO products in cases that require them.
As well as offering the full ZO Skin Health range, we can also carry out tailored non-surgical cosmetic treatments, such as dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle treatment.
The Benefits of Feeling Great in Your Skin
Feeling great in your skin can have a knock-on effect on your daily happiness and wellbeing. Persistent visible skin problems like acne, blackheads, and pores can leave you lacking confidence around your friends, family, and colleagues. During the pandemic, mask-wearing has exacerbated such conditions. Your clinician can suggest specific products to tackle the effect mask-wearing might have had on your skin to help you feel great about coming out of lockdown and being around others again.
If you’re interested in the ZO Skin Health range here at Cliftonville Dental, please contact our Northampton dental practice, who can book you in for a consultation. We look forward to welcoming you.