Are you looking to breathe a bit of life into your skin but are keen for the results to look natural and subtle? Dermal fillers could be the treatment for you. Working to restore lost collagen and reverse damage to the skin caused by ageing, skin exposure, pollution and lifestyle factors, dermal fillers have soared in popularity over the past decade. Read on to find out more about this non-surgical treatment and the great benefits it can bring.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable fillers administers at different depths across specific areas of the face and neck. They are a minimally-invasive alternative to surgery and work to fill wrinkles, augment facial features, contour the face’s shape and restore dull and tired skin to its former glory.
Which areas respond best to dermal fillers treatment?
Fillers can achieve the following:
- Add volume to creases that form from the nose to the mouth – often referred to as laughter lines.
- Filling out hollows under the eyes – tear troughs.
- Restore youthful fullness to the cheeks and facial contours.
- Plumping thin lips and smoothing vertical lines around the edges of the lips.
- Improving the appearance of indented acne scars to make the skin appear even in texture.
- Adding volume to the lower cheek and temple areas.
Why choose fillers over surgery?
The modern adult of today is busier than ever and looking for effective, speedy and safe treatment with predictable results. As dermal fillers ticks all these boxes, it’s no surprise that together with anti-wrinkle treatment, it’s the most popular non-surgical treatment out there. A few reasons to choose fillers over surgical treatment include:
- Predictable outcome: we’ve all heard the stories of surgery going wrong, and as it’s not reversible, you could be left with results you’re less than happy with for life. Dermal fillers are non-permanent but still last for 6-9 months, and can be altered to achieve optimum results if you aren’t completely satisfied the first time around. This said, we’re confident we can achieve the look you’re after in the first instance, by carefully examining your face from every angle. Our team are medically trained and highly experienced injectors so you can be confident you’re receiving high quality skincare treatment in Northampton.
- No recovery time: there’s a reason why treatments like dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections are often referred to as ‘the lunchtime facelift’. Dermal fillers can literally be carried out in your lunch break, taking as little as 30 minutes to carry out.
- Minimal side effects: in the case of some surgeries, patients can be looking up to 2 months of swelling and bruising after treatment. Whilst there is often some degree of this with dermal fillers, it’s is very minimal, usually only mildly uncomfortable and will subside in a matter of days.
- They’re made from a substance your body knows well: fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, which is a substance that exists naturally in the body. In our youth and until our late 20s, our skin has an abundance of hyaluronic acid, which is what keeps it looking so plump and vibrant. Dermal fillers simply replace the depleting stores of hyaluronic acid as we get older, contouring, adding volume and smoothening the areas of the face you wish to improve the appearance of.
Why consider skincare treatment?
After a tough period of months, it’s fair to say that many of us have endured greater stress and may be looking for a way to show our skin a little TLC. Dermal fillers are a great way to set you back on the path to healthy and bright-looking skin, without the need for an inconvenient recovery period, or post-treatment pain.
Dermal fillers can also be a good way to incorporate better skincare habits in the future, laying a good foundation to employ a healthy at-home skincare routine. At Cliftonville Dental, in addition to fillers we also offer the globally renowned ZO Skin Health treatment, which can bolster and maintain the effects of dermal fillers. ZO Skin is a range of products that are hand picked to address your unique skincare concerns. Read all about how it can benefit you here.
Why have skincare treatment like dermal fillers performed by a dentist?
It’s absolutely essential that if you’re planning on having dermal fillers, you seek treatment from a medically qualified professional. Here at our Northampton dental practice, our dentists are fully qualified in performing non-surgical skin care treatments like dermal fillers. They possess an advanced understanding of the facial anatomy and are highly skilled and experienced injectors. Through their dental work, they have acquired an excellent understanding of facial dynamics, allowing them to deliver beautiful and natural results for your skin.
Did you know? You can get 50% off dermal fillers treatment here at our Northampton dental practice when you introduce a friend? Find out more here.
If you would like to contact our dental practice in Northampton about any of the facial aesthetics treatments we offer, please call 01604 604545.