As we creep into the autumn/winter period, it’s fantastic to see events on the calendar again, and people beginning to plan Christmas frivolities. After the tough winter of last year, why not treat yourself to expertly performed non-surgical skincare treatment here at Cliftonville Dental?
Look fabulous at that upcoming work do, birthday or anniversary party and for all those photos on social media. We offer treatments such as dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections, to breathe new life into your skin this autumn.
Why choose non-surgical facial aesthetics treatments to improve your skin?
Here at Cliftonville Dental, you couldn’t be in better hands for your skincare treatment in Northampton.
Our highly skilled team of injectors also have backgrounds as dentists, and therefore understand the anatomy of the face and how best to harness the use of injectables to create an authentic result. Your face will be examined from multiple angles before any treatment takes place, and we will assess your skin type and ask you questions about your daily skincare routine. Careful planning is always key to a great treatment outcome.
Non-surgical treatment has become considerably more favourable to surgery, with patients looking for a less invasive way of reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles across the face and neck area. Meanwhile, non-surgical treatment doesn’t require patients to factor in a recovery period post-treatment, making it ideal for the busy modern working adult.
Anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers now account for 9 out of 10 of all non-surgical procedures carried out in the U.K.
Which part of the face can be enhanced with skincare treatment?
Anti-wrinkle injections: these are typically used to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles on your forehead, between the eyebrows, and ‘crow’s feet’ (lines either side of the eyes). We also use anti-wrinkle injections to treat gummy smiles – this is when too much gum is showing when you smile.
Dermal fillers: the most commonly treated areas with dermal fillers include nose-to mouth lines, cheek and chin lines and frown lines.
How can I make the effects of non-surgical treatment last longer?
There are a few things you can do to help prolong the effects of non-surgical facial aesthetics treatment like dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections:
- Stay hydrated: water = the holy grail of youthful skin. You can’t go wrong making sure you get your recommended 2 litres of H20 a day (this should be more if you’ve been working out). You should also use a moisturiser containing hyaluronic acid each day, which retains over 1000 its weight in water, making it crucial if you want to retain youthful-looking skin.
- Quit smoking: smoking deprives the skin of nutrients and oxygen, so it should be no shock to hear that it eventually starts to affect its aesthetic somewhere along the line. The 4000 chemical in tobacco smoke trigger the destruction of elastin and collagen, the building blocks that help to keep your skin youthful. Quit smoking to retain good levels of collagen and elastin as you age.
- Reduce your alcohol intake: as alcohol removes fluids in the skin, the appearance of wrinkles, sagging skin and dryness can exacerbate. Keep you alcohol intake to the RDA per week and always follow up a drink with a pint of water, to give your skin a chance to recover.
- Keep out of the sun: and always use an SPF as part of your skincare routine. Sun is the no.1 reason for prematurely aged skin.
- Incorporate a good daily skincare routine: our practitioners here in Northampton can advise you on the type of products that might be right for your skin type.
- Stay stress-free: high stress levels release a hormone known as cortisol, which causes the ageing process to accelerate, increasing unwanted wrinkles, lines and dulled skin tone and skin texture. We can help you incorporate techniques to reduce your stress in daily life – please let us know if you need some support with this.
- Eat well: the food you eat has a dramatic impact on your appearance, and it’s no surprise that eating high sugar and processed foods will cause inflammation of your skin, negatively affecting your skin’s overall appearance. Instead, fill up on good fats, vegetables, pulses and legumes.
World-class ZO Skincare range at Cliftonville Dental
Bolster the effects of treatments like dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections with using products from the world renowned ZO Skincare range, available here in Northampton.
Designed for home use, the ZO Skincare range can also tackle a variety of problems with the skin, including sun damage, pigmentation, inflammation, rosacea, acne, wrinkles and sagging skin. This range is only available through selected clinics such as Cliftonville Dental, and is overseen by a professional who will examine your skin to identify the right combination of products that will improve and maintain your skin
If you would like to book a skincare consultation here in Northampton, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly team, who can arrange this for you.