Not only is going under the knife a huge commitment, but it’s also potentially dangerous and could leave you feeling dissatisfied with the results, which are rarely predictable. What’s more, surgical treatments are extremely costly, whilst non-surgical skincare doesn’t have to cost the earth.
At Cliftonville Dental, we believe in providing treatment that brings about natural-looking results .
We’ve been offering dermal fillers skincare treatment in Northampton for many years – we’re proud to be the go-to dental practice for such treatments in the area.
What they are: dermal fillers are comprised of hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance in the body. Dermal fillers are an injectable facial aesthetics treatment, administered to the upper layers of the skin.
Best for: improving skin volume, elasticity and texture.
What they do: dermal fillers are administered using a needle and target different layers of the skin. In replacing the natural hyaluronic acid that the body produces on its own, treatment restores a more youthful appearance to the skin.
Some of the skin concerns that can be addressed with dermal fillers are:
- Nose to mouth lines can be softened and even eradicated with dermal fillers (lip fillers).
- If the cheek area has become hollowed due to the ageing process, dermal fillers can lift this area and restore volume.
- Frown line: dermal fillers can be effective at treating static (visible when you’re not frowning) vertical glabellar lines. These lines become more prominent with age and treating them results in a more rested, approachable and fresher appearance
Just like the rest of the face, the lip area succumbs to signs of ageing. This can manifest as loss of volume and lines on or around the mouth due to ageing and smoking. Lip fillers are a minimally-invasive answer to achieving beautifully contoured, plumped and shaped lips.
What they are: as the name of the treatment suggests, lip fillers are used uniquely on the lip area, improving volume and contouring the area.
Best for: augmenting the lips of patients who have a naturally thin lip area. Plumping lips that have lost volume through ageing, or that have developed lines as a result of certain lifestyle factors.
What they do: lip fillers replace volume lost through the ageing process, as hyaluronic acid supplies begin to deplete. The fillers are a temporary treatment that lasts for an average of 6-9 months. Patients who have regular treatment will notice the results become prolonged.
- Outline of the lips can be treated to improve lip definition.
- Fleshy areas of the upper and lower lips can be augmented to give a fuller pout.
- Cupid’s bow can be given more definition.
- The vertical lines either side of the mouth that convey fatigue and expressions of sadness and unhappiness can be reduced.
- The lines that form at the corner of the lips can be reduced.
- Fine lines on the upper lips (often increased due to smoking) can be softened.
Interested in lip fillers here in Northampton? We offer FREE skincare consultations. Just give us a call at your convenience.
Like lip fillers, anti-wrinkle injections are a self-explanatory treatment, that reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Along with dermal fillers, anti-wrinkle injections make up 90% of the non-surgical facial aesthetics treatment market.
What they are: a non-surgical, safe and globally answer to banishing fine lines and wrinkles.
Best for: improving the aesthetic of the lip area without the need for surgery.
What they do: anti-wrinkle injections disturb the signals that tell muscles to contract. By temporarily freezing these signals, no wrinkle is created, making treatment a preventive means to fend off ageing. The injections also soften already-present wrinkles. The results of treatment usually last around 3-4 months, though this is reduced if you don’t wear a daily SPF or you are a smoker.
- Wrinkles that are either side of the eyes (crow’s feet) that form as you age and as a result of habits like smoking and excessive sun exposure. Repeated facial expressions like squinting can also accelerate eye wrinkles.
- Wrinkles that form across the forehead.
- Frown lines that form at the bottom of the forehead between your eyes
Obagi skin care range
Much of a good skincare routine is being consistent and adopting a preventive mindset. The ZO Skin Health range from Dr Zein Obagi, does just that.
What is it? the ZO Skin Health range, pioneered by the world-famous Dr Zein Obagi, is a range of prescription products, intended for at-home use.
Best for: the Obagi ZO Skin Health range can treat and prevent the following skin conditions:
- Hyperpigmentation and pigmentation.
- Acne and acne scars
- Sun damage
- Wrinkles and fine lines.
What the Obagi ZO Skin Health products does: the fantastic versatility of the Obagi range means that when used consistently and for a sustained period, a number of skin concerns can be treated. When you come in to see us for a consultation, we will examine your skin and ask you a number of questions about your lifestyle, genetics and the products you’re currently using. With this information, we’ll be able to hand-pick the right Obagi products to suit your skin concerns. We will then monitor your progress, to ensure the choice of products are making a tangible change to your skin. We may advise changing the selection of products to combat your skin concerns, as they evolve and change.
Contact us for skin care in Northampton
Looking for skin care treatment in Northampton? At Cliftonville Dental, all facial aesthetics treatment is performed and overseen by a dentist with advanced training and knowledge of facial aesthetics. As a dentist Dr Arti Shah has an in-depth understanding of the anatomy of the face – we may be biased, but we think dentists always make the best facial aesthetics practitioners! When performed by a medically trained individual, facial aesthetics is safe.
Contact our Northampton-based dental practice to book your skin care consultation with experienced facial aesthetics practitioner and dentist Arti Shah.